Thursday, September 08, 2005

So we had to do all this computer stuff today (thursday) for class; servers and LaTeX and that kind of stuff, and I'm not sure I can convey how lost I am with all of that. A good metaphor I thought of-it's like being asked to write a paper in a language you don't know. If you have a dictionary with you that translates, you can look up individual words and then type them, and you can get the grammar kinda right by constantly asking people who know the language, but you aren't really learning it. You might remember a few words after, but you cannot actually understand the language at all. Hopefully this stuff gets easier with practice.

Also, at lunch w/ several other grad students, the conversation turned to relationships. It was quite interesting. I've missed out on a lot of drama it seems-I have some catching up to do :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man charged with killing sex offenders hailed as hero on the Web
Notes of congratulation to Michael Mullen popped up on Web logs as soon as news accounts reported that he had turned himself in, claiming to be the vigilante killer of two convicted child rapists shot in ...
music download information


acce padone is the owner of t t
music download which is
a premier resource for music download information.
for more information, go to http://www.arismusicdownload.com

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a music download site/blog. It pretty much covers music download related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)