Friday, December 23, 2005

OK, so not to harp too much on the same point, but it would really help settle my mind if I could tell if people (people=girls) liked me instead of having to guess. If you've been following the old blog, you know that there's a girl that, in addition to really valuing as a friend, I also like in that other way as well. But I can't tell if she likes me (or might like me) back, and I'm hesitant to tell her how I feel bc I worry about it hurting our friendship.

So I guess I kinda wish that, if she does know or suspect that I do like her, that she would have the courage I lack and be able to bring it up. Hopefully, of course, she would respond positively, but even if she didn't feel the same way, it would be nice to have some resolution.

Also, I would hope that anyone who was in the same situation with me (not that I expect anyone to have a thing for me, but crazier things have happened) would be able to come to me anad talk to me about it if it was weighing on them the same way that these things weigh on me. I know the fear of it making things awkward and hurting our friendship, but I think that, at best, it might turn out that I would feel similarly towards them and, at worst, it would help our friendship in the long run to clear the air. Especially since I know what its like to be on the crush-having side of this type of thing, I wouldn't be weirded out or anything if someone I knew was in a similar situation with me, and it would help me know how to proceed with our friendship in a way to not cause them any heartache. Of course, it is probably a longshot that anyone would be in such a situation concerning me, but it could happen one day.

So I guess in writing this, its implicit that I kinda want anyone who knows me and might be one of the people described above to respond. I guess I'm a lot bolder online than I am in person.

No comments: