Thursday, December 01, 2005

So the other day I was in the subway station and a guy came and asked me how long I had been waiting. After answering him, he kinda continued talking to me, which was a little unusual as subway folk are usually pretty antisocial. In the midst of the conversation he casually pulled out an ID tag-thing that was clipped to his collar (not obviously in a way that suggested that he was trying to show it to me) that identified that he was a Mormon. So from chatting with him I found out that he was indeed a missionary who had been in Boston for almost a year. At the end of our conversation he gave me a card with a painting of Jesus and a number or website where I could order a video about Him. Hopefully anyone who knows me well wil see how this was kind of an interesting experience for me. I do admire the young man though-I wish we, and I, were that bold (about Jesus and in general).

No comments: