Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Camp people visited me! So one of the radio instructors (I'll call her Lia as she's from Australia) and the gym instructor (I'll call her Ain since she's from Britain) are in DC for a couple of days, so we met up, along with a friend that "Ain" met on her way to America who was working at another summer camp (I'll call her "2" since she's British too). It was good seeing them again, and "2" seemed really cool too. We ate at a California-named Mexican restaurant near Chinatown, then I accompanied them and about 25 other people staying at their international youth hostel on a tour of Georgetown. The tourguide figured out I was American but I don't know if he realized I wasn't actually staying at the hostel, though I don't think that should have mattered much. It was really good to hang out with them again-there both cool, chill people and I wish I had gotten more time with them at camp...hoping to see them again reasonably soon (and happy that I have friends to look up should I visit the UK or Australia).

No comments: