Monday, May 09, 2005

Holding someone is nice isnt it? I think I understand why people like teddy bears or big pillows-it's just a good feeling.

I was thinking this morning though, about sleeping in the same bed with someone (not from a perspective of having sex with them or anything like that-you know I'm saving myself until I'm married to that special girl [awwwwwwww]). Anyway, just like having someone to hold seems like it would be nice, but it also seems like it might be kind of impractical during the whole sleeping process. I like to have space to roll around and stuff when I sleep and have weird dreams and all, and it seems like having another person there would kind of get in the way, and my shifting would probably be annoying to them. How do people do that-do they just get used to it after a while or what? Not that I have to worry about that anytime in the immediate future, but I am curious at least.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think people get used to it. It usually takes a few nights before I can sleep soundly next to someone if I'm out of the habit (either because I'm between relationships or, just possibly, globe-trotting).

But I think everyone has their own preferences about sleeping, just as different people prefer different levels of cuddling and intimacy. Some will squeeze into a standard Harvard bed while others wouldn't want to bother. Most people I've talked to seem in the former category though.

Anonymous said...

and i agree, holding people is nice. :)