Friday, May 27, 2005

ok, so i just woke up, so I'll use that as an excuse for what I might say in this blog that I might not say on another day. I just realized that it is about a year since I graduated, and yesterday I realized that I'm the same age (23) that my younger older brother was when I met him 5 years ago in the summer before I started college. What have I accomplished since then.

On one hand, not much. I have a degree from Harvard, as I usually forget, yet haven't had a job since last summer (though I am going back to that place, a summer camp, this summer and got a promotion). My brother was already an entrepreneur (or however you actually spell it) doing his own business stuff by now, and I'm living in my mom's living room. I'm low on cash, have no girlfriend, no drivers license,....

And yet, as I wrote that paragraph, I realize that I'm actually kinda happy. I have a lot of prospects (I'm going back to the place I worked last summer, I'm going to start a PhD program in the fall, girls find me irresistible, Boston has public transportation...). Even if one of those might not be true, life is actually kinda good I guess. Plus I have great family and friends, am healthy (according to all these checkups I've had to do for camp/school/etc), God loves me (He's been good to me).

Yay! Things are good.

No comments: