Tuesday, January 24, 2006

How do you put someone head firset into a sleeping bag, sit on their chest, and not get any jail time after that person dies. A US army interregator did this to an Iraqi general, and after being courtmarshalled and convicted of some lesser charges including negligent homicide (not being convicted of murder), it appears taht he at most will be reprimanded, fined a few thousand dollars and have his travel restricted for 60 days. So I know there are lots of mitigating circumstances when it comes to war (and also a possible CIA connection that was shrouded in mystery through the trial), but is a person's life really worth so little now? It frustrates me. Please feel free to share thoughts, and let me know if i'm missing something.

Day 13 (probably tbe next to last day) of my "who reads this" poll(9** responses so far-unless you count the two people who talked about it with me on IM last night but didn't leave a "comment" on hte blog itself)-please follow instructions below-i'd appreciate it ever so much:

I'm curious who actually reads this.

If you are reading this, please leave me a note to let me know you were here. You can include your name or not-whichever you prefer (though it would be cool to know who you are). This applies to both people i do and do not know. thanks.

(ps-if you don't want to leave note here, just send me an email if you know my email address)
(**my response count includes people who replied by email or IM as well as on the blog)

No comments: