Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is getting in trouble for his comments about Katrina and other hurricanes being God's wrath, New Orleans being forever a "chocolate" city, etc. Now I'm not sure where he was going with the hurricane comment (so was he trying to imply that his constituents brought the hurricane on themselves? or maybe that America's national/international policies, like the war in Iraq, were to blame and New Orleans unfortunately was just in the way of the retribution?). I do kinda understand where he was going with the chocolate comment, as there have been fears (I don't know if they're coming true or not) that many of the poor (black) residents of New Orleans were going to lose their homes in the reconstruction.

In case you haven't seen the follow up, where he explains his analogy to a reporter-find the video. It is quite amusing.

Tomorrow (unless I change my mind or don't get to it): Hillary Clinton's "plantation" remark.

Day 8 of my "who reads this" poll(8 responses so far-lets keep that average up people)-please follow instructions below-i'd appreciate it ever so much:

I'm curious who actually reads this.

If you are reading this, please leave me a note to let me know you were here. You can include your name or not-whichever you prefer (though it would be cool to know who you are). This applies to both people i do and do not know. thanks.

(ps-if you don't want to leave note here, just send me an email if you know my email address)

No comments: