Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ok, first of all, I do hope the kidnapped Israeli soldier is and remains ok. Second, am I completely off-base for thinking this Israeli incursion is a bit of overkill. Now i know that i dont know a lot about the Israeli/Palestinian situation at the moment, and i realize that a lot more than the soldier was considered when authorizing this show of force, but its hard to keep sympathy for Israel when they take such moves, especially as they often seem to take the view that loss of civilian life is acceptable (though i don't know how much that applies to the current operation, but it wouldn't be surprising if civilians are or will be killed in this operation). Again, I dont know too much about the situation, so if anyone who does has comments, please let me know. I like to be educated.

No comments: